Friday, September 30, 2005
Keano to move on
Roy Keane believes he will leave Old Trafford at the end of the current season.The skipper told MUTV on Thursday night: "I think I'd like to play on for another year but I don't think it will be at United. "My contract's up at the end of the season and I don't think United will offer me another one.That's just my gut feeling on this. "If David Gill rings me tomorrow and offers me another year, then we'll see! But I'm not putting a gun to anybody's head and I've never gone looking for new contracts - I've always felt that's up to the club."Last season I thought this would be my last year and I still feel that way," he added."I think there's a danger of staying on too long and maybe one or two people feel I've probably stayed a year too long anyway."If I was to be offered a new contract, I think United would probably wait as long as possible, towards the end of the season. But I think by then I'll have made up my mind as to what I'm going to do and I'll maybe have sorted something out in January. "I will be 35 in the summer and there are good players coming through at United and the time would be right [to leave]."Roy is far from being gloomy at the prospect of leaving the club where he's spent 12 glorious years. If anything, he seems to relish the thought of garnering new experiences as he builds his CV for a possible coaching career.
"Playing for another English team would be hard to stomach and I can't see that happening."
Roy Keane"There comes a time for everybody when they have to move on and I am prepared to play elsewhere," he insisted. "But I can't see it being for another English club; coming back to Old Trafford and going in the away dressing room would be hard to stomach. "I think it would be good for me to experience playing for another team, in a different dressing room, maybe in another country - especially if I'm looking to become a manager."People have mentioned about coaching at United but it doesn't appeal to me; sometimes it's better to make a clean break."Life will not stop when I leave Manchester United. Players come and go - that's football."
Bard Hits The Right Note
Phil Bardsley is looking to cash in after getting his big break against Benfica. Bardsley, 20, was still buzzing with excitement as he said: "The manager told me I was playing an hour before kick-off. It is all about taking your chance and I hope he thinks I did that. Now I want to start at Fulham."
Ronaldo Ready To Sign
Cristiano Ronaldo is now ready to commit his long-term future to Manchester United. Ronaldo, 20, is currently just 18 months into a five-year contract. But the wing wizard — signed for £12million from Sporting Lisbon in August 2003 — is so happy at Old Trafford, he already wants to extend his stay. He said: “I expect to sign a new contract as quickly as possible. I want to stay for many years.” The Portuguese ace starred against fellow countrymen Benfica to help lift the gloom currently hanging over United. He added: “We wanted to win and to make a good impression — and we achieved that. After they equalised, we got on top of them and I hit the post. United were the better team and we deserved to win."
European top scorers *Present players only*:
Raul Gonzalez(Real Madrid)------------------50 goals
Ruud van Nistelrooy(Manchester United)----43 goals
Thierry Henry(Arsenal FC)------------------36 goals
Andri Shevchenko(AC Milan)----------------36 goals
<--Matthew Matthias Tay--> Red Devil entered entry @ 1:52 PM
ABOUT ME
<--Name: Matthew Matthias Tay Eng Chun School: TMC Academy~Mass Communication Jobs: VJ Times International|freelance Writer| Age: 18 going on 19 Date of Birth: 7/10/1988 Hobbies
<-- ~Sports~ Badminton, soccer, swimming and bowling
FRIENDS
Eclair || Ming Wei || Lisa || Stacey || My personal Blog || Alwyn||
ARCHIVES
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
March 2007
Now Playing:
Song: Dreams
Artist: Alysha